Last Updated on December 7, 2020
Walnut Pesto Pasta Recipe – Ingredients
Walnuts – 1/3 cup
Garlic cloves – 4 medium sized chopped finely
Pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
Dried Herbs – 1/2 tsp
Olive Oil – 1.5 tbsp + 1 tsp
Cheese (grated) – 1 tbsp + 1 tsp for garnishing(optional)
Salt – to taste
- Cook pasta in boiling water along with little salt and a tsp of olive oil. Cook pasta till soft yet crunchy enough to bite.Drain water and set aside.
- In a pan dry roast garlic till golden brown, cool down then transfer it to a mixer along wit walnuts and olive oil.
- Grind it to a semi coarse paste. In a mixing bowl add the pasta along with walnut pesto,cheese,mixed herbs,pepper and required salt – Give a quick mix and serve immediately.
Garnish with extra cheese and serve!
- Dont grind walnuts to a fine paste , this will give a bitter taste.If you like it crunchy you can even pulse it just twice to get the nutty crunchy in your pasta.
- You can also replace mixed herbs with italian seasoning.
- The orginal recipe called for parmesan cheese but I used grated amul cheese cubes instead.
- You can even add a tsp of chilli flakes for extra spiciness.
- You can use any type of pasta variety..I used Penne which was in stock in my kitchen.
- The pesto stays well for 2 days if refrigerated but I recommend making it fresh and mixing with the pasta.