Italian cuisine is always our favorite…..Last weekend it was homemade pizza for saturday nights dinner.I have attempted to make pizza / pasta for lunch but then our taste buds doesn’t suit it also mittu is not fond of pastas so it finds its place only for breakfast.
I love both the baked version and the stove top version.Getting the perfect white sauce consistency took some time for me nut now its just a child’s play 🙂 The love for white sauce led me to try this sandwich and I have got good reviews for the recipe from friends and readers already.
White Sauce Pasta Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Breakfast | Recipe Cuisine: World
Pasta – 1 cup (I used penne pasta variety)
Milk – 1 and 1/2 cups
Maida(All Purpose Flour) – 1 tbsp heaped
Carrot – 1 small chopped finely
Sweet Corn – 1/4 cup boiled
Capsicum – 2 tbsp finely chopped
Cheese – 2 tbsp grated
Butter – 1 tbsp
Pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
Oregano – 1/4 tsp
Salt – to taste
- Cook pasta with enough water along with a tsp of olive oil and salt.Drain and Set aside.
- In a pan – heat a tsp of oil saute the veggies for 2mins,Set aside.Heat butter in a pan when it starts to melt add maida.
- Whisk it well.Now add milk and keep stirring. Keep stirring until the mixture becomes slight thick and creamy.Cook in low medium flame and keep stirring to avoid lumps. Add required salt.Add oregano and pepper powder.
- Add chilli flakes,once the white sauce becomes thick, creamy and coats the laddle.Add the sauted vegetables.
- Add cheese,then cooked pasta and give a quick mix.Switch off.
Serve hot ….yummm!!
- Make sure to stir continuously to avoid lumps.After maida is added whisk it well and use a whisk to mix after milk is added.
- You can add any vegetable of your choice.Capsicum,cabbage ,peas are few of my suggestions.
- Oregano and pepper powder gives a great flavour.
- If you want you can add 2 tbsp finely chopped onions too.
- You can use any variety of pasta for this.I used Penne Pasta.
- White sauce pasta gets dried up quickly so serve it as soon as you cook.If its gets thick and dry then add few tbsp milk and heat it up.
- While serving add little grated cheese for extra richness and yumminess 🙂 Sprinkle oregano while serving.