Pasta in white sauce is a melt in mouth blissful dish made by cooking pasta with milk, flour and cheese. Pasta in white sauce is an anytime dish that will be savoured by the kids and enjoyed by the adults. How to make Pasta in white sauce in presented in this post for your reference.
I make pasta once in a while and mostly I end up making white sauce pasta as everyone at home demands for it.As there is very little scope and time for me to experiment on other cuisines on weekdays I push it to the weekends and as white sauce pasta is not much of work minimum chopping and no grinding, its perfect for me to make for weekend breakfast.The trick here is not to strain much on weekends so I reserve some easy recipes for weekends.Italian cuisine is always our favorite…..Last weekend it was homemade pizza for saturday nights dinner.I have attempted to make pizza / pasta for lunch but then our taste buds doesn’t suit it also mittu is not fond of pastas so it finds its place only for breakfast.
I love both the baked version and the stove top version.Getting the perfect white sauce consistency took some time for me nut now its just a child’s play 🙂 The love for white sauce led me to try this sandwich and I have got good reviews for the recipe from friends and readers already.
Tried this pasta in white sauce ? Do let me know how you liked it. Also tag us on Instagram @sharmispassions and hash tag it on #sharmispassions.
Pasta in white sauce
- 1 cup pasta
- 1 carrot chopped lengthwise
- 1 onion chopped finely
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp seasoning optional – I used the seasoning sachet that comes with pizza
For the white sauce :
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 2 tsp maida
- 1 tbsp cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- Cook pasta in water until soft yet firm enough to bite.
- Add a tsp of oil and salt while cooking pasta.
- In a mixing bowl, first mix little milk with cornflour and maida so that there is no lumps , keep aside.
- In a pan heat olive oil, add onions saute until lightly browned then add carrots and saute until it shrinks and raw smell leaves.
- Then add the milk-maida-cornflour mixture with remaining milk and mix well.
- Add the cheese at this stage and allow it to melt.
- It will start thickening at this stage – Add cooked pasta, required salt, pepper powder,seasoning, chilli flakes.
- Keep in low flame and cook for 3mins mixing well continuosly.
- Switch off and serve hot.
- Adding seasoning enhances the flavour if you do not have just ignore that and go ahead with pepper and chilli flakes, it will still taste good.
- Serve immediately as the white sauce thickens faster when kept for a longer time. If it becomes dry, add little more milk, mix and heat it at the time of serving.
- Adding cream also makes it more rich and tasty.
- Adding veggies is totally your choice. You can add sweet corn too.
How to make pasta in white sauce
- Cook pasta with enough water along with a tsp of olive oil and salt.Drain and Set aside.
- In a pan – heat a tsp of oil saute the veggies for 2mins,Set aside.Heat butter in a pan when it starts to melt add maida.
- Whisk it well.Now add milk and keep stirring. Keep stirring until the mixture becomes slight thick and creamy.Cook in low medium flame and keep stirring to avoid lumps. Add required salt.Add oregano and pepper powder.
- Add chilli flakes,once the white sauce becomes thick, creamy and coats the laddle.Add the sauted vegetables.
- Add cheese,then cooked pasta and give a quick mix.Switch off.
Serve hot ….yummm!!
- Make sure to stir continuously to avoid lumps.After maida is added whisk it well and use a whisk to mix after milk is added.
- You can add any vegetable of your choice.Capsicum,cabbage ,peas are few of my suggestions.
- Oregano and pepper powder gives a great flavour.
- If you want you can add 2 tbsp finely chopped onions too.
- You can use any variety of pasta for this.I used Penne Pasta.
- White sauce pasta gets dried up quickly so serve it as soon as you cook.If its gets thick and dry then add few tbsp milk and heat it up.
- While serving add little grated cheese for extra richness and yumminess 🙂 Sprinkle oregano while serving.