Broccoli Soup is a mild, comforting appetizer made by blending cooked broccoli with onion, milk & spices. Broccoli Soup is healthy, enjoyed by all & could be made easily. Broccoli Soup is presented in this post with step by step pictures and video.
Broccoli Soup is packed with vitamins, minerals, and fiber, broccoli is known for its numerous health benefits. It’s a rich source of vitamin C, which boosts our immune system and protect against chronic diseases.
About Broccoli Soup
Broccoli is a nutrient-packed vegetable and Broccoli Soup is delightful starter / appetizer that combines taste and health benefits in a single bowl. Broccoli Soup is It is a popular soup choice for those who is searching for a healthy, filling and flavorful meal.
Whenever I see fresh broccoli at Pazhamudhir or Nilgiris I pick up a floret without fail.I havent tried anything other than the usual stir fry or rarely add it along with pastas. So this time when I got it, I wanted to try a soup with it.
I am happy that mittu started liking green cauliflower(broccoli in her language ;)) so another additional reason to buy this veggie often.
Broccoli Soup is
- Nutrient rich
- Supports immune system
- Helps in digestive health
- Antioxidant powerhouse etc
Broccoli Soup Ingredients
- Onion, Garlic
- Milk & Butter
- Fresh cream
- Herbs & Spices
If you have any more questions about this Broccoli Soup do mail me at [email protected]. In addition, follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest ,Youtube and Twitter .
Tried this Broccoli Soup? Do let me know how you liked it. Also tag us on Instagram @sharmispassions and hash tag it on #sharmispassions.
📖 Recipe Card
- Cut the broccoli into florets and immerse in warm water along with 1/2 teaspoon rock salt – this is remove worms if any. Then remove rinse drain water and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoon butter let it melt slightly.
- Add 4 garlic cloves chopped roughly along with 1 small sized onion chopped roughly.
- Saute until transparent.
- Now add broccoli florets along with required salt.
- Saute for 2 mins until it turns bright green.
- Then add around 1 cup water and let it boil.
- Cook covered until the broccoli florets turns soft and cooked.
- Open and cool down completely.
- Transfer the mixture along with water to a mixer jar.
- Grind it to a fine puree.
- Now transfer the puree to the pan again.
- Rinse mixer with 1/2 cup water and add it.
- Mix it well.
- Let it boil for a good 5 mins.
- Give a quick mix.
- Adjust consistency at this stage, check for salt and add if needed.
- Add 1/2 cup milk(boiled).
- Add salt if needed.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon crushed pepper, 1/2 teaspoon mixed herbs, 1/2 teaspoon oregano.
- Mix it well.
- Finally add 2 tablespoon fresh cream and switch off.
- Mix well and your delicious Broccoli Soup is ready!
- Enjoy your Broccoli Soup!
- You can also stir fry broccoli and top it while serving the soup.
- For a more richer version use half and half of milk and cream.
Broccoli Soup Step by Step
1.Cut the broccoli into florets and immerse in warm water along with 1/2 teaspoon rock salt – this is remove worms if any. Then remove rinse drain water and set aside.
2.Heat 2 tablespoon butter let it melt slightly.
3.Add 4 garlic cloves chopped roughly along with 1 small sized onion chopped roughly.
4.Saute until transparent.
5.Now add broccoli florets along with required salt.
6.Saute for 2 mins until it turns bright green.
7.Then add around 1 cup water and let it boil.
8.Cook covered until the broccoli florets turns soft and cooked.
9.Open and cool down completely.
10.Transfer the mixture along with water to a mixer jar.
11.Grind it to a fine puree.
12.Now transfer the puree to the pan again.
13.Rinse mixer with 1/2 – 3/4 cup water and add it.
14.Mix it well.
15.Let it boil for a good 5 mins.
16.Give a quick mix.
17.Adjust consistency at this stage, check for salt and add if needed.
18.Add 1/2 cup milk(boiled).
19.Add salt if needed.
20.Add 1/2 teaspoon crushed pepper, 1/2 teaspoon mixed herbs, 1/2 teaspoon oregano.
21.Mix it well.
22.Finally add 2 tablespoon fresh cream and switch off.
23.Mix well and your delicious Broccoli Soup is ready!
Enjoy your Broccoli Soup with a drizzle of fresh cream!
- Make sure to use fresh tender broccoli florets.
- Always soak in warm water along with rock salt to avoid worms if any.
- Use only boiled milk, do not add raw milk there are chances for milk to curdle.
- You can use any spices and herbs as per your choice.
Serving & Storage Suggestion
Broccoli Soup is a great dish to savour with toasted or grilled bread or even sandwich. Croutons or garlic bread is great pick for this soup too.
This Soup keeps well in room temperature for about a day and in fridge for 1 more day. As milk is added to this soup I would suggest to consume and finish it off the day it is made itself.
1.Is Broccoli Soup healthy?
Yes definitely! Broccoli Soup is healthy as it is rich in nutrients,calcium and supports immune system.
2.Is adding fresh cream mandatory?
No you can skip fresh cream and just make it with milk itself. Fresh cream is added to make soup more rich and creamy.