Chilli Cheese Toast Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Breakfast / Snack | Recipe Cuisine: World
Bread – 2 slices
Cheese – 3 tbsp (I used mozzarella)
Green Chillies – 2 (thin long variety)
Green Capsicum – 2 tbsp cubed
Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
Italian Seasoning 1/2 tsp(optional)
Salt – to taste
- Cut green chillies finely, cube the capsicum – set aside. Take grate cheese in a bowl and mix green chillies and capsicum with it.Add pepper and salt.
- Take the bread slice and apply the cheese chilli mixture. Sprinkle seasoning. Meanwhile preheat oven at 180 deg C for 10mins and bake it at the same temperature for 3-5mins until cheese melts completely the turn the knob to grill mode and grill it for 3mins till the cheese bubbles and starts browning.Now for stove top method:check my notes section.
Cut diagonally and serve hot with tomato sauce!
- You can add colour capsicums like yellow and red to make the toast colorful or desed the tomatoes and add it.
- If making in stove top just toast the bread slightly till crisp in dosa tawa then spread the cheese chilli mixture and place it on the tawa again with cheese side up…Do not flip..Cook till cheese melts and serve hot. The browning of cheese will be missing in the stove stop method but it will still taste good.
- You can garnish with coriander leaves finally on top of the cheese mixture.
- I used mozzarella cheese, you can even use cheddar cheese too.
- Use long green chillies as it is less spicy.