How to make idli upma video:
Idli Upma Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Snack / Breakfast | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Leftover Idli – 4
Big Onion – 1 medium sized chopped finely
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Coriander leaves – 1/2 tbsp chopped
Salt – to taste
Oil – 2 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Urad dal – 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves – few
Hing – a small pinch
Green Chillies -1 long variety chopped roughly
- .Take 4 idlis,crumble it with your fingers and make it ready, set aside. Heat oil in a kadai add mustard seeds and urad dal let it splutter.
- Then add curry leaves and green chilli.Add onion.
- Saute for a second.Then add turmeric powder, required salt and hing.Saute until onions shrink.Then add crumbled idli.
- Mix well to combine.Then add coriander leaves and switch off, give a quick stir.
Serve it hot or warm. It tastes good by itself but if you prefer you can have it with coconut chutney.
- Instead of green chillies, you can even add red chillies.
- You can add a tsp of coconut with onions which gives a nice flavour.
- You can keep the idlis in fridge for 15mins for easy crumbling.
- Add a tsp of idli podi along with the idlis to get a different flavour.