Egg Curry Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Side dish | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Big Onion -1 medium sized
Coriander leaves – 2 tsp finely chopped
Salt – to taste
To roast and grind:
Coconut – 2 tbsp
Coriander Seeds – 1 tbsp
Red Chillies – 3
Garlic – 2 cloves
Ginger – a small piece
Pepper – 1 tsp
Oil – 2 tsp
Fennel Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Curry Leaves – a small sprig
- Dry roast the ingredients listed under ‘to roast and grind’, first all all ingredients except coconut roast till golden then finally add coconut and roast till golden brown.Cool down and transfer to mixer jar.
- Grind it along with little water to a smooth paste,Set aside.Hard boil eggs for atleast 10-12 mins, then break open the shells.Make slits in the eggs, don’t make it too deep.
- Heat oil in a pan , add curry leaves and fennel seeds, let it splutter.Then add onion and saute till transparent.Then add the coconut paste.
- Saute the gravy for 5-7 mins in low flame.Add required salt.Then add water to make the gravy thin and let it to boil.
- Let the gravy boil till oil seperates.Finally add eggs and cook covered for 2mins.Toss over the eggs and garnish with coriander leaves.Switch off.
Serve hot with rice / phulka.
- This curry is spicy so adjust spice level according to your preference.
- This serves best with phulkas and rice but I had with idli for dinner and it was a good combo too.
- If you want it little tangy add a tomato while sauteing onions.