Rose Syrup is a flavourful, handy ingredient made by simmering sugar in water with rose essence to a concentrate. Rose Syrup is useful in making rose milk, flavored drinks and juice that can be prepared in minutes – hot or cold. Rose Milk is a flavored drink ideal as an alternate for tea / coffee / packed drinks.
I always wanted to try homemade rose syrup with roses but I am sure its a tedious task so took this short cut method of making the syrup.I saw this recipe and got tempted so made it the next day itself.But sure someday will make the rose syrup with roses and post it here..hopefully that someday should come sooner 😉 I shared it in Instagram few weeks back.Right form the childhood days, I was always fascinated seeing the way rose milk was served in Sree Annapoorna, A tall glass with a layer of syrup at the bottom then milk as the second layer and it gets mixed only when stirred…Cool right?! I wanted to recreate the same and yayy achieved it too.
This syrup can be stored and refrigerated.It comes handy for making rose milk,rose lassi or just drizzle over any desserts or icecreams.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 tsp red pink food color
- 1/4 tsp rose essence
For rose milk recipe:
- 1/2 cup chilled milk
- 2 tsp sugar
Making Rose Syrup:
- Take sugar in a pan, add water to it. Stir for a minute.
- Heat it up and let the syrup boil till it becomes almost half. Get ready with your food color.
- When you see the syrup slightly thick, add the food color. Let it boil for few more mins.
- When the consistency is close to honey (little runny) switch off and cool down. After cooling, add rose essence. Homemade Rose Syrup ready!
Making Rose Milk:
- When you want to make rose milk add 2 tsp of syrup in a serving glass.
- Then add ice cubes, now pour chilled milk.
- Stir and serve Rose Milk chilled!
- Ice cubes is optional, but I love it.
- When ice cubes are added the drink starts to become watery so serve immediately.
- The syrup should be thick. But no need to check for any sugar consistencies.
- It keeps well for at least 2-3months. Will check mine and update here.
- Take sugar in a pan, add water to it.Stir for a minute.
- Heat it up and let the syrup boil till it becomes almost half.Get ready with your food color.
- When you see the syrup slightly thick, add the food color.Let it boil for few more mins.
- When the conistency is close to honey(little runny) switch off and cool down.After cooling, add rose essence.Store.When you want to make rose milk add 2 tsp of syrup in a serving glass.
- Then add icecubes, now pour chilled milk.
Stir and serve chilled!
I loved the way the syrup was standing still at the bottom…perfectly the way I wanted yayy for that!!
- Icecubes is optional, but I love it.
- When icecubes are added the drink starts to become watery so serve immediately.
- The syrup should be thick.But no need to check for any sugar consistencies.
- It keeps well for atleast 2-3months.Will check mine and update here.