Paneer Pulao Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine: North Indian
Basmati Rice – 1 cup
Water – 1.5 cups
Paneer – 1/2 cup cubed
Peas – 1/4 cup
Onion – 1 chopped lengthwise
Ginger garlic paste – 1.5 tsp
Green Chillies – 2 chopped finely
Tomato -1 small sized (or) tomato puree – 3 tbsp
Curd – 3 tbsp
Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
Coriander leaves – 1 tsp chopped(optional)
Salt – to taste
Bay leaf – a small piece
Cloves – 2
Oil – 2 tsp
Ghee – 2 tsp
Curry leaves – 8
- Presoak basmati rice for 15-20mins, Set aside. Heat oil + ghee, add bayleaf, cloves, greenchillies and ginger garlic paste, fry for 2mins, Add onion fry till golden brown. Then add tomato, saute until mushy and raw smell leaves.
- Now add peas, curd and garam masala fry for 2-3mins. Then add rice, give a stir then saute for a minute. Add water and required salt.
- Pressure cook for 2-3 whistles. Meanwhile toast paneer with little oil till golden brown. Once pressure releases fluff the rice with fork then add the toasted paneer immediately. Stir once and keep closed until serving time.
Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.The pulao pairs well with a spicy curry or paneer tikka masala.
- Adding paneer with the rice to cook makes the paneer rubbery so I use this method of toasting and adding it finally.
- Make sure to add paneer to the cooked rice immediately once pressure releases so that the flavour is well blended with paneer.
- You can add green chilli paste instead of green chillies.
- I added little peas you can skip it and make it just with paneer too.