Garam Masala Powder Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Homemade | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Coriander seeds – 1/2 cup
Fennel Seeds -1/4 cup
Cumin seeds – 1/8 cup
Cardamom – 4
Cinnamon – 2 inch piece
Cloves – 1 tsp
Pepper corns – 1/2 tsp
Red Chillies – 2
Staranise – 1
Nutmeg – 1 small crushed
Note : I havent used salt here, but if you prefer add it at the final stage give a quick grind and then store.
- Measure and make all the ingredients ready. Dry roast coriander seeds for 3mins,Set aside.Then add fennel seeds, jeera and red chillies, roast for 2mins,set aside.Finally add the spices – cinnamon,cardamom,cloves,nutmeg,staranise,peppercorn and roast for a minute.
- Cool down completely then transfer to a mixer jar, grind to a semi fine powder.Cool down then store.
Homemade podis are always flavourful and good as they are minus the preservatives and it gives a contentment of making it all by urself at home. 🙂
- Make sure you cool down completely after roasting else it will form lumps while grinding.
- You can grind it to a very fine powder or mild corase like what I’v done.
- Amma says slightly corase gives a nice flavour than the very fine one.
- I’v given the cup measures as I dont hve a proper gadget to measure in grams.
- For the above measurement, it yields 1 cup which is 250ml.