Chilli Paneer – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Starter | Recipe Cuisine: Chinese
Paneer – 1 cup cubed
Capsicum – 1 chopped finelyd
Onions – 1 chopped finely
Garlic – 5 minced finely
Green Chillies – 1 chopped finely
Soya sauce – 1/2 tsp
Green Chilli Sauce – 1/2 tsp (optional)
Tomato sauce – 1.5 tbsp
Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
Celery / Spring Onions – 1/2 tbsp chopped finely(I used 1/2 tbsp Coriander leaves instead)
Oil – 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
For the marinade:
Maida – 1 tbsp
Corn flour – 1 tbsp
Pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
Salt – as required
Water – as to form a paste
- Make a thick batter of the ingredients under ‘to marinade’ and add paneer to it and coat it well.
- Then toast the coated paneer in dosa tawa until golden brown. (You can deep fry them too).Drain it in a tissue and set aside. Get all the ingredients ready.Heat oil in a pan, add chopped green chillies,onion and garlic. Then saute till slightly browned.
- Then add capsicum and fry for a minute. Then add soya sauce, tomato sauce , chilli sauce and pepper powder.Mix well until the veggies are coated evenly.Make it to a semi saucy consistency.
- Then add the toasted paneer and give a quick stir. Finally garnish with chopped coriander leaves and switch off.Serve as a accompaniment with fried rice or just as a starter and am sure you will make this often.
The fusion of indo chinese sauces with the flavour of coriander leaves tastes juts out of the world. I served it with egg fried rice and hubby totally loved the combination.
- You can even adding the remaining cornflour maida marinade batter but it tends to stick so I avoid it.
- You can make a more saucy version too, I have given the semi dry version of chilli paneer.
- I toasted the paneer in a non stick tawa, you can deep fry in oil too.