Sprouted Green Gram Stir Fry is the cooked version of green gram sprouts made by sautéing sprouted Green Gram with spices, oil and curry leaves. Sprouted Green Gram Stir Fry is healthy, filling dish that can be eaten with rice or as a snack. How to make Sprouted Green Gram Stir Fry is presented in this post with step by step pictures.
Hope things are fine at ur end. Here slowly things are getting settled down. Time is running super fast its already been a week since we came here. We are enjoying the weather, settling at new home, knowing new people and the surroundings etc. My favourite times are the ones when we walk in and around the apartment, watching the work progress for each home. Though blaming on mittu for the outside walk, I am just loving those times.
I havent tried sprouting though have seen amma doing it several times. After hearing so many goodness about sprouts I also tried to sprout green gram recently. It is so filling for breakfast or can be packed as a snack too. I tried a simple stir fry with it more like sundal as I didnt want to add more masalas/spices instead preferred the mild seasoning.
More poriyal recipes
If you have any more questions about this Sprouted Green Gram Stir Fry Recipe do mail me at [email protected]. In addition, follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest ,Youtube and Twitter .
Tried this Sprouted Green Gram Stir Fry Recipe ? Do let me know how you liked it. Also tag us on Instagram @sharmispassions and hash tag it on #sharmispassions.
Sprouted Green Gram Stir Fry
- 1 cup green gram / pacha payar
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp urad dal
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tbsp coconut
- 1 red chilli
- few curry leaves
Method : How to sprout green gram
- Soak 1 cup green gram in water (just little above immersing level) overnight or at least 7-8 hours.
- After 7 or 8 hours , drain all the water.
- Wipe with a dry cloth to absorb all the moisture.
- Now wrap the green gram in a muslin cloth.
- Leave it undisturbed for another 6 hours. After 6-7 hours , when you open you can see the sprouts grown.
- If you leave it for more hours after soaking, the sprouts will grow longer which will be harder to chew but its your preference.
To make Green gram stir fry:
- Pressure cook sprouted green gram for 1 whistle not more than that else it will turn mushy.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add mustard seeds allow it to splutter.
- Add red chillies and curry leaves, fry for a minute.
- Now add the sprouted green gram, required salt and stir fry for a minute.
- Then add coconut, give a quick stir and switch it off.
- Green gram stir fry is ready.
How to sprout green gram stir fry
1.Soak 1 cup green gram in water (just little above immersing level) overnight or at least 7-8 hours.After 7 or 8 hours , drain all the water. Then just wipe of with a dry cloth to absorb all the moisture.
2.Now wrap the green gram in a muslin cloth. Leave it undisturbed for 6 hours. After 6-7 hours , when you open you can see the sprouts grown as in the picture below.If not leave it for 1 more hour.
If you leave it for more hours after soaking, the sprouts will grow longer which will be harder to chew but its your preference.
How to make Green gram Stir Fry
I was surprised to see the variety of sprouts.Read further down to know more.
Types Of Sprouts
- When most people think of sprouts , they think of little green, leafy things. But, sprouting can be performed on dozens of different food items.
- You can sprout nuts and seeds such as peanuts, almonds, sunflower and pumpkin seeds. This can also involve foods that you are already familiar with such as cabbage, chick peas, mung beans and green peas.
- Sprouts offer nutritional value that is nearly impossible to get from other vegetables and fruits that are purchased from grocery stores.
- In addition, their nature allows for the easy absorption of nutrients and vitamins enabling our bodies to fight off diseases more effectively.
I love this stir fry..using the sprouts grams make it even more healthy n tasty!
Wow these lil green babies look so cute n delicious !!
Cheers n Happy Cooking,
looks yummy Sharmila 🙂
One of my favorite legume. Almost have it everyday as a salad. Looks so good with the mild seasoning !!
Healthy and easy !
Looks gorgeous, very healthy dish.
thats the best part of shifting to a new place that you can decorate the house in a new manner. hope you are having a great time in doing so. the sprout fry looks comforting. very healthy.
I like bean sprouts! This is a very healthy and delicious treat!
Nutritious and protein packed stir fry..my fav..
Very healthy and tasty stir fry..pics looks superb!
Love all the pictures sharmi and green gram sprouts stir fry looks absolutely yummy…
looks healthy and simple yet delicious !
Nice recipe using the sprouts,I too love the sprouts in any form. Love the click of the sprouts very much!
I make them all the time for my family, they love it.The photos looks so yummy.
Good luck decorating your house with fresh new ideas!
simple and delicious stir fry. Very healthy one too. Nice clicks sharmi.
Srpouts look so cute !! Healthy one..
this is as healthy as it gets , eh? 🙂
wow nutritious recipe,luks delicious.wounderful clicks…
Absolutely healthy and delicious.
such a colorful sprout…
Awesome healthy dish…
Pushpa @ simplehomefood.com
Love moong dal in any form.Very healthy and delicious!
looks very healthy and mouthwatering….beautiful clicks…
Healthy and filling treat! Love the clicks, Sharmilee.
A very healthy and delicious stir fry. Lovely pics as well.
Healthy and yummy!! love to have this now…yummy yumm
looks healthy n delicious..
my favorite stir fry …looks so tempting
Nice info and super healthy dish.
yummy side dish. i like green gram. but never done this way.
Sounds great snack, we have it like sundal!
Lovely…Loved the sec pic a lot 🙂
glad that you r settling down, wonderful healthy recipe!
Now that is what I call healthy food. Planning on trying it out soon! All that is needed is to find a way to add some ormus for that extra blast of life.
Now that is what I call food. Extremely nutritious and no meat added. The next step is figuring out how to get some ormus and it would be perfect. Maybe maca would do but I think it would ruin the taste.
Wonderful healthy recipe and beautiful clicks.
Glad to follow your passions.
Thanks so much girls for the nice feedback! 🙂