Muttai Paniyaram Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Snack | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Idli Dosa Batter – 1 cup
Eggs – 2
Freshly ground pepper – 1/2 tsp
Big Onion – 1 finely chopped
Coriander leaves -1 tbsp finely chopped
Oil – as required to toast
Salt – to taste
Cooking Oil – 1 tsp
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Urad Dal – 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves – 1 tbsp chopped finely
- In a mixing bowl – add idli dosa batter. Using a whipper whip the eggs until fluffy. Add the beaten eggs to the idli dosa batter, keep aside.
- In a kadai – heat oil add the items listed under ‘to temper’ let it splutter then add onion and fry till golden brown.Then add this to the egg batter, along with coriander leaves, freshly ground pepper and salt if required.
- Mix well and now your egg paniyaram batter is ready the consistency should be semi runny like dosa batter.Heat a paniyaram pan with 1/2 tsp oil in each hole then fill each hole with the batter.
- Then cook covered for a minute or until it gets cooked. When the top part looks cooked then turn and cook on other side till golden brown.
Serve as a teatime snack with any spicy chutney of your choice.
- When egg is added it gives a runny consistency to the batter so make sure your batter is thick enough.After egg is added the consistency should resemble dosa batter.
- Adding freshly ground pepper powder gives a great flavour so dont skip it.
- You will not find much of egg flavour in this paniyaram , it is very soft and fluffy.