This is one of my all time favourite comforting lunch combination. Rice, mor kuzhambu and mochai poriyal – Easy and quick to fix for lunch. We have this bean(dried variety) stocked up always but this time got fresh mochai(Hyacinth or field bean) in the market so used it for this poriyal.
- Pressure cook mochai for 3 whistles with enough water. Drain water, collect the mochai and keep aside.
- Heat oil, add jeera allow it to crackle, add green chilli, curry leaves saute and then add onions and garlic saute until slightly browned then add sambar powder, turmeric powder, hing, salt and give a stir.
- Then add the pressure cooked mochai and mix well until the masala is well coated to the bean.Switch off and serve with rice.
- If you plan to use packed dried bean then soak overnight and then pressure cook like how we do for channa and other dried bean.
- We had it with rice and mor kuzhambu, luv it with sambar and curd rice too.