Check out other sandwich recipes that I’ve posted so far:
Grilled Soya Kheema Sandwich Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Breakfast | Recipe Cuisine: World
Bread – 4 slices
Soya Chunks – 1/3 cup
Big Onion – 2 tbsp finely chopped
Ginger Garlic paste – 1 tsp
Tomato – 1 medium sized chopped roughly
Red Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
Roasted Jeera powder – 1/4 tsp
Garam Masala powder – 1/4 tsp
Tomato Sauce – 2 tsp(optional)
Butter – to toast
- Boil water, and add soya chunks cook for 3-5mins.Switch off and let it rest for 15mins.Then drain water and wash it in cold running water for atleast twice to get rid of the raw soya smell.Drain water and Set aside.Squeeze to drain excess water.Then grind it to a coarse mixture more like kheema, don’t make it a paste
- In a pan heat oil – add onion,ginger garlic paste and saute till inions turn transparen then add tomatoes and saute well till raw smell leaves.
- Then add red chilli powder,jeera and garam masala powders, saute well.Then add cooked soya kheema.
- Mix well till its the masalas are blended well.Set aside to cool down.Spread the soya kheema mixture on one side of the bread slice,drizzle tomato sauce and seal with another slice.Apply butter on top.
- Grease the sandwich maker with butter and carefully transfer the sandwiches to it with butter side on top.Close and cook till you see golden marks with crisp edges.
- If you don’t have sandwich maker then just apply butter on both sides and toast it till golden in a dosa tawa.
- You can use big soya chunks too.
- You can add a tbsp of grated cheeseover the kheema masala.
- I always apply butter on the top bread slice and grease the sandwich maker so that butter is there for toasting the bottom bread.
- This sandwich has to be served immediately else it will become soggy.