Last Updated on December 7, 2020
I wanted to try a healthy popsicle and thats this idea came to my mind of using beets in popsicles and replacing sugar with jaggery syrup.I loved the way it turned out.As mittu is fond of vanilla flavour I added the essence in both layers and she had it without much complaints.
Beetroot Yogurt Popsicles Recipe
Recipe Category: Popsicles | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
For the Yogurt Layer:
Thick Yogurt – 3/4 cup
Milk – 1/4 cup
Jaggery Syrup – 3 tbsp
Vanilla Essence – 1/4 tsp(optional)
For the Beets Layer:
Beetroot – 1/2
Jaggery Syrup – 2 tbsp
- Peel the skin and cut the beetroot into two.Pressure cook for 4 whistles with little water.Cool down and then puree it.
- Add jaggery syrup to the beets puree, mix and set aside.Now take yogurt in a mixing bowl.
- Add milk to it then add jaggery syrup and vanilla essence,whisk it well and set aside.
- Take your popsicle mould, add 1/4 of the mould with yogurt mixture then add a tbsp of beets puree.
- Alternate it with yogurt and beets puree.Take a stick and swirl it using it so that beets layer is siwrled in the yogurt layer as shown.Fill till 3/4th of the mould.Now cover with aluminium foil,cut with knife for the sticks to be inserted.
- Then insert icecream sticks if you are using them.Else you can even close with the lid.Freeze for 8 hrs or overnight.Then carefully show the bottom part in running tap water, set aside undisturbed for atleast 2-3mins then slowly remove the popsicles.
- You can use papercups for freezing too.
- Freezing for atleast 5-6 hrs is required but I kept it overnight.
- For easy demoulding – show the popsicle moulds in warm water, then pull the stick out slowly to get the ice pops clean.
- You can replace jaggery syrup with sugar too.