Check out other baby corn recipes that I have posted already.
Baby Corn Pepper Fry Recipe
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Baby Corn – 8
Big Onion – 1 small sized chopped finely
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
Capsicum – 3 tbsp finely chopped
Salt – to taste
To roast and grind:
Pepper – 3/4 tsp
Fennel Seeds – 3/4 tsp
Oil – 3 tsp
Jeera – 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves – a small sprig
- Rinse baby corn, trim the edges and cut them into thin rounds,Set aside.Dry roast pepper and fennel seeds for 3mins or until nice aroma comes,Cool down and grind it coarsely.I used my mortar and pestle,Set aside.Heat a pan with oil – add the items listed under ‘to temper’ let it splutter.
- Then add ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute then add onion and saute till it becomes transparent.Then add pepper fennel powder.
- Add garam masala powder,capsicum, required salt and saute for 2mins.Then add baby corn.
- Give a quick mix,sprinkle little water and cook covered for 5-7mins(check inbetween and flip over to avoid burning at the bottom).If it sticks add little more oil and keep cooking until baby corn turns soft and has absorbed the flavours…then switch off.
Serve hot with rice / roti or enjoy it as a appetizer like I did 🙂
- You can even pressure cook baby corn and add it but I prefer cooking it in pan itself so that the flavours get nicely blended.
- When you cook covered , make sure to flip over in between.
- Adding capsicum gives a nice flavour to the fry so I recommend adding it.
- Serve with rice / roti.
- You can try the same recipe with cauliflower, mushroom, carrot etc.