Oats Crackers Recipe – Ingredients
Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 30 mins | Makes : around 25 crackers
Recipe Category: Snack | Recipe Cuisine: World
Oats – 1/2 cup (75 gms)
Wheat flour / Multigrain atta – 3/4 cup (100 gms)
Olive Oil – 5 tbsp
Water – 1/2 cup
Pepper Powder – 1/8 tsp
Mixed Dried Herbs – 1/4 tsp
Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp
Sugar – 1 tsp (optional – I didnt use)
Salt – to taste
- In a mixing bowl – add oats,wheat flour, salt and give a quick whisk. Then add all the other ingredients except water.
- Mix well it will look crumbly then add water slowly little by little to form a dough.If it doesnt gather together then add little more water. It will not be pilable dont worry about that.
- Preheat the oven at 175 deg C for 10 mins.Meanwhile lay a butter paper on a rolling board and take half of the dough and roll it to 1/4 inch thickness and cut into desired shapes.Gather the extras , combine with remaining dough and repeat the same process. Prick holes with a fork to avoid the crackers from puffing.Transfer the crackers to the baking tray with butter paper.Brush the crackers with milk / oil.
- Then bake the crackers at the same temperature for 20mins or until the crackers are golden brown.Cool down and store in aritight container.
Serve as a teatime snack.
- It was a bit tough while rolling dont worry just flour the butter paper and the rolling pin and then start rolling. You can even separate the dough into equal parts and then roll them individually as I did.
- I have a suggestion here though the orginal recipe called to add oats as such I though we can give a coarse grind and then add it to make the rolling easier.I am going to try this way next time, will sure update here after that.
- The flavour is totally your choice : you can even add a tsp of sesame seeds / onion / italian seasoning as per your preference.
- You can even roll then even more thinner.