Oats is my fav and that justifies the number of oats recipes in this space :) Adai is my fav and can have it even daily if given. So when I saw oats adai, I instantly tried it and loved it so much. Lentil with oats is a healthy and tasty combination. I didnt wait for any chutney for sidedish just digged in with idli podi and tomato sauce :)
1. Wash the dhals and soak it for an hour. Then drain water and grind the dhals with red chillies, garlic, ginger and fennel seeds to a coarse paste.
2.In a wide mixing bowl, add the ground paste with powdered oats. Add chopped onions, coriander leaves and required salt.
3. Add water to make it to a batter consistency. Keep aside for an hour. Take 1 laddle full of batter for a adai.
4.Heat a dosa tawa and spread the batter like we make for dosa. Drizzle oil and cook on both the sides till golden brown.
Serve hot with coconut or tamarind chutney or idli podi of your choice.
- I have even made this instant without leaving the batter for an hour. It still comes out soft and nice. But as our traditional adai method needs resting time, I have given that also.
- You can make the adai a bit thinner and make it crisp too.
- Just powder the oats raw, no need to roast it.