Choco muffins were onto my todo list since long and when I saw these from Paritas guest blogged at Foodlyrics I was way too tempted to try this. These muffins are soft chocolately and yum.
- In a bowl mix maida, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder, coffee powder and salt. Mix well and sieve it once. Keep aside.
- In a seperate bowl mix sugar, milk and oil together and whip it until the sugar dissolves completely
- Now add in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, coco powder and coffee powder mixture already sieved with the oil milk mixture and mix well taking care to avoid lumps. Add in vanilla essence, choco sauce/choco chips and mix well until a creamy pouring consistency batter is formed.
- Preheat oven at 180 deg C for 10 mins. Meanwhile grease the muffin moulds and arrange the muffin liners. Spoon the batter and pour only till 3/4 th of the muffin cups and bake them for 15-20mins until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
My Notes :
- Fill only till 3/4 th of the muffin liners as it raises well, it may overflow if you fill more than 3/4th.
- The muffins are soft and chocolately perfect for all chocolate lovers.
- You can add in a handful of chopped nuts or even choco chips for extra richness.
- I baked these muffins in 2 batches and I got 10 large muffins.
Finally found my set of exact size of muffin liners for my muffin pans. Though they are not fancy and colorful I am contented atleast to get this :) This is again a no fail recipe and you can adjust and experiement with it but sure not the first time as I always say.
I have tried these muffins twice once with the orginal measurement and the next time by reducing oil and increasing milk and the only difference I found was the orginal method gives a moist fudgy effect while with the 2nd method the muffins were a bit dry and am sure any chocolate lover would get addicted to these muffins.