I tried these oats cookies sometime back and in the same week I tried it twice one with the orginal measurement and the next time a low fat version. I liked both of them as I luv oats in any form, so me and amma enjoyed these cookies and it was emptied in no time that I baked another batch just for click sake :) It is sure a keeper and a winning recipe!!
I tried these cookies from 4th Sense Cooking and wanted to post it on her special day...Happy Bday Nithi!! :) Hope you have a wonderful day as wonderful as you are!!
Yay!! Finally I got my measuring cups set the pink ones u see in these pics....All these days I had only 1 cup and 1/2 cup with which I used to measure manually. Though it didnt let me down in most of my baked goodies I was crazy and keen in getting a set. The most common ones I found in Chennai was a red set and I didnt want in red so was waiting....
After moving to CBE, I almost visited all branches of Nilgiris and finally when I found it in Race Cource branch, my joy knew no bounds. These days I feel so happy in shopping for mittu and Sharmis Passions than for myself. Thanks to hubby for taking so much strains to get me these cups.
Okay with no further delay onto the recipe :) The recipe is very simple and quick to make
Low fat version Ingredients:
- Oats - 3/4 cup
- Cornflakes - 1/4 cup
- Brown sugar - 1/4 cup
- Wheat Flour - 3 tbsp
- Milk - little less than 1/4 cup (add and adjust accordingly)
- Salt - a pinch
The method is the same as above. These low fat cookies are a bit chewy and crunchier while the orginal cookies are crispier. These are light teatime cookies and goes well with a hot cup of coffee.
My Notes :
- Do not forget to leave sufficient gap between each cookies else the cookies will loose its shape.
- The smoother the balls you make, your cookies will have less cracks. But still oats and cornflakes are crumbly in texture so will definitely have few cracks atleast , but our aim is to minimise it :)
- Add a tsp of milk if your dough isnt getting together - adjust accordingly.
- You can skip cornflakes and make it as plain oats cookies. If skipping cornflakes add 1 cup oats.
This click below was kind of intentional, most of the time my photoshoot is with mittu around. This time she was very tempted to see the sugar being placed so kept on trying to reach it while I was restricting her. At one stage I finally asked her to come and take while making myself ready for the click :)
See my little ant reaching for the sugar :)