Yo-Yo!! I've made these biscuits thrice so far as its everyones favourite at home including my little one. Inspite of the amount of butter the recipe calls, I am addicted to its taste. My lil one likes it without cream so I sandwiched the cream only for few biscuits as I too dont like cream in biscuits.
I was very surprised and happy when my lil one refused to have the bakery bought butter biscuit after she had these yo yo.......Wat else can make the best compliment for a mother?!
- Mix custard powder and maida, keep aside. Cream butter and sugar until creamy, add vanilla essence to it.
- Now add custard powder, maida to butter sugar mixture and mix well to form smooth dough.Chill the dough for 30mins.
- The dough would be firm by this time. Now pinch off equal bits and roll them into balls and press it lightly with the fork dipped in flour to get the marks on top. Repeat this for the entire dough and place them in the baking tray.
- Chill the biscuits until preheating time. Preheat the oven to 170 deg C for 10mins. Now bake the biscuits for 15-17mins. Allow them to cool completely.
- Now add the ingredients under buttercream and beat well until creamy. Sandwich the cream between 2 biscuits and enjoy your yoyo biscuits. Store it in airtight container.
My Notes :
- Do not be tempted to overbake, it will make the cookies loose the melt in the mouth texture.
- Try to make balls with no cracks, so that your biscuits would be smooth when you press them with fork.The biscuits stay crispy for about a week in room temperature itself.
- You can also keep the buttercream , apply it whenever u need instead of applying and storing it.
- I reduced the sugar level for the cream part as the biscuits are already sweet themselves.You can increase it of you want your cream to be more sweeter.
These biscuits just melt in the mouth so take care not to overbake. It has a unique taste and custard powder adds a different flavour to these biscuits. I havent tasted any biscuit with custard flavour so instantly got addicted to its taste.
Once it cools down, store in airtight container to enjoy the crispness for a week. These biscuits tastes good even without the cream, and cream adds an extra touch to these cuties. These biscuits are named after the famous yoyo toy .