This is an easy sandwich recipe which you can make with the available ingredients in the pantry. No cheese in it and you have a healthy sandwich, and with a glass of milk and fruits it makes a wholesome combo. I served it with rosemilk and watermelon, which was perfect for a hot summer day.
Veg Bread Sandwich Recipe - IngredientsPrep Time: 5 mins | Cooking Time: 10 mins | Serves: 1
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Type: Snack / Breakfast
- Get all your ingredients ready.Slice carrot and onion into thin circles as shown. Place the slices of bread on the work surface.First apply green chutney on one side of the bread...place carrot,onion slices then sprinkle pepper powder, apply tomato sauce on other side of the bread. Close it.Repeat the same for other 2 slices also.
- Grease the sandwich maker with ghee and apply ghee on the bread.Toast it for 3-4 mins or as per the sandwich makers instruction. Serve hot as a teatime snack or for breakfast too. You can add in cheese slices too as per your preference. I made it for me and hubby so didnt want to add in more calories :)
- You can add veggies of your preference like cucumber, tomato etc.
- If you dont have a sandwich maker then toast it in a dosa tawa but make sure you seal the edges or close the sandwich with butter or cheese so that it sticks well and does not open up.In sandwich maker it seals the edges so I didnt add anything extra.You can even grill the sandwiches.
- You can add cheese slice or apply hummus too.
- I used white bread, you can use wheat or multigrain bread too.
- The veggies get halfcooked in the sandwich makes which will be missing when you toast them in the tawa.But anyways these veggies taste great in raw form too so dont worry :)
The sandwiches are crispier at the ends and crunchy in every bite...yum!! Make it for your kids and am sure they will love it.