I have tasted this potato sweet mixture in Hot chips during my college days and I love this mixture a lot.It has both salt and sweet taste which I love the most.When I was listing down recipes to try this Diwali 2015, I had this in mind too.I tried it and it came out just the way I wanted and tasted in Hot chips….yayy happy me 🙂
Potato Sweet Mixture – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Snack | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Potato – 3 medium sized
Cashews – 6 whole
Raisins – 10
Powdered Sugar – 2 tbsp
Cardamom powder – a pinch(optional)
Salt – for taste
Oil – for deep frying
- Peel off the skin of potatoes.Grate it using a grater in batches and fry it in preheated oil.Use a big holed grater.
- Fry till golden , don’t let it brown it.Drain in tissue paper.Likewise grate and deep fry the rest of the potatoes too.Set aside.
- Then fry raisins till golden, then fry cashews till golden brown.Collect it in a bowl and set aside.
- Now take fried potato mixture in a bowl, add salt and powdered sugar.
- Add cardamom powder,nuts,raisins and give a quick mix.
Serve with tea.
- Always grate in small batches and at once fry in oil else the color of the potatoes will change.
- Use a big hole grater for best results.If you use a smaller one, while frying it gets browned easily.
- Adding salt is optional but I recommend adding it.