Hummus is a healthy bread spread alternate to butter, With channa it tastes gud too….This time wheat bread was not available so had to go with white…whatever hummus was quick and with a additional tag of healthy I just luved it.
- Chickpeas/Channa – 1/2 cup
- Garlic – 1 tsp minced
- Tahini – 4 tbsp [The recipe calls for tahini which I found was sesame paste so I used grinded sesame seeds]
- Lemon juice – 1/2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds/ jeera – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Wash and soak channa in water for minimum 8 hours. Then pressure cook channa until soft with sufficient water.
- Drain the water and keep aside. Blend boiled channa in mixie until smooth, adding little water .
- Now add remaining list of ingredients (except oil) and continue to blend until you get a smooth, creamy paste that is of spreading consistency.
- Dont forget to mix the paste with oil before serving!
If you feel its too thick then add little of the strained water.I felt mine was too thick while spreading so added water later. I am sure this is a better alternative to butter, the creamy texture with garlic sesame flavour was tasty.