Last Updated on December 7, 2020
I enjoy each and every process I undergo to make a post here….right from cooking, clicking(most enjoyable part) and then sitting to edit where I feel content….and each time I hit the publish button it is always a happy smile on my face. For the past 1 week I felt the pics I clicked,posts that I typed didn’t have the life and zest it used to have before….I felt like doing things just for the sake….And that alarmed me…I didn’t want to live my passion without life in it….this thought didn’t let me to do anything else….but just to think which justifies my absence for a week.
I didn’t touch my camera for a week, no editing, and lived in another world…but sharmis passions was always there in every action and thought of mine which made me realise the negative feeling was just temporary…..ha thank god for that!:) The break was sure a good one making me think, rejunevate myself…..And yes now I am back to routine…All is well 🙂
I have seen my SIL making rice flour puttu without puttu maker and I just love it so much. I tried the same method for bread puttu and it came out so good and here is my instant version of bread puttu recipe.Check out my kuzha puttu kadala curry that I posted a while back.
Bread Puttu Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Sweet | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Bread – 3 slices (I used wheat bread)
Sugar / Jaggery – 1 tbsp
Coconut – 2 tbsp
Ghee – 1 tsp + 1/2 tsp(for roasting cashews raisins)
Cashews – 5 broken
Raisins – 2 tsp
- Chop the bread slices into small cubes.Pulse it in mixie till its coarsely powdered.
- Transfer the powdered bread mixture to a container, sprinkle little water so that when you with your fist it should hold together.In the idli steamer ,Steam it for 5-7mins. In 1/2 tsp of ghee , roast cashews and raisins till golden brown,Set aside.
- Add roasted cashew,raisins,coconut,sugar to the cooked bread mixture and mix well.Finally add a tsp of ghee and give a quick mix.
Serve warm with ghee drizzled and remaining cashews and raisins.
- While adding water, be very careful just sprinkling is enough.
- Puttu should be slightly moist and not too dry.
- You can even replace sugar with a tbsp of grated jaggery.
- Though ghee is optional it gives a nice flavour and moistness to the puttu.
- You can make it in the kuzha just like how we make kuzha puttu.
- Adding cashew raisins is purely optional but I prefer it this way. I wanted to add almonds too but forgot 🙂 may be you can try adding it.
- I used wheat bread you can use white bread too.