I always run out of ideas when it comes to chutneys so thought to have a compiled list of chutney recipes here in my space so that it will be easy for reference both for me and you 🙂
Red Coconut Chutney Recipe – Ingredients
Preparation Time : 5 mins | Cooking Time : 10 mins | Serves : 1
Recipe Category: Sidedish | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Coconut – 1/2 cup
Fried gram dal – 1 tbsp
Tamarind – 1 tsp
Red Chillies- 2
Ginger – 1/4 inch piece
Salt – to taste
Oil – 2 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Urad Dal – 1/2 tsp
Curry Leaves – few
Hing – a tiny pinch
- Get all your ingredients ready.First grind all the ingredients together with little water to a fine paste along wit salt.
- Heat oil – add the items listed under ‘to temper’ let it splutter and dals turn golden brown then add it to the chutney, add little water to get to the desired consistency
Serve with idli/dosa!
- You can even add a garlic clove while grinding , gives great flavour.
- Adjust red chillies according to the spice level you want your chutney to be.
- Serve it with idli,dosa or even adai as I did.
- You can even soak red chillies in hot water for few mins and then add it while grinding….this way it gets grinded smooth.