Crisp and fluffy pooris ready!
Poori Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Baby Food | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Wheat Flour – 1 cups
Fine white Rava – 1/2 tsp(optional)
Salt – as required
Warm Water – 1/4 cup(adjust accordingly)
Oil – to deep fry
- In a bowl add wheat flour, rava(soaked in water for 10mins) and salt together and mix well to combine.Add water little by little to gather to form a stiff dough..first it will have cracks. Leave aside for 15-20 mins. Then knead again to form a smooth dough.
- Seperate into equal lemon sized balls(or slightly smaller).Take a ball and roll it out with rolling pins making sure the thickness is even.Dont roll it very thin like we do for rotis/chaapthis , it should a bit thicker
- Heat oil, carefully drop the pooris one after another(depends on your kadai size too).Once it is completely immersed in oil press gently with your spatula in the middle, continue pressing until the poori puffs up on all sides.Turn the other side, once it turns golden brown, take and drain.
Serve hot fluffy pooris with aloo masala / chole masala!
- Make sure the kadai is filled with oil enough for the pooris to immerse.Also oil should be hot for the puris to puff nicely. May be pinch a small piece and drop it in oil to check, it it raises immediately the oil is hot enough else heat the oil for few more mins.
- Also adding rava to the wheat flour gives nice crisp pooris like in hotels.
- Adjust the flame to medium high for the oil to heat up first then lower the flame to medium.