Lemon Sevai – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Idiyappam – 1.5 cups
Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
Turmeric powder – a generous pinch
Salt – to taste
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Channa dal – 1 tsp
Curry leaves – few
Peanuts – 1/2 tbsp
Red chillies -1.5
Hing – a generous pinch
- Make the idiyappam ready.Cool down and then loosen it .Heat oil in a pan – add the ingredients listed under ‘to temper’ fry till the dal turns crisp and peanuts turn slightly browned. Then add turmeric powder, hing and saute for a minute.
- Add the idiyappam, required salt and give a quick stir. Finally add the lemon juice and switch it off.
Serve hot with coconut chutney or chutney of your choice!
- You can soak the channa dal in water for few mins to make it soft and then use it for tempering too.
- I usually add the lemon juice and switch it off immediately to avoid bitterness.
- Garnish with coriander leaves if you prefer.