Mushroom Recipes collection of sides, gravies, pasta, biryani, sandwich, rice, soup and Pizza. Browse through this collection of recipes for cooking ideas with Mushroom and click on a particular recipe for step by step method along with pictures.
About Mushroom Recipes
Mushrooms have a mild flavour, soft texture, a milky hue and tender rubbery taste. The taste and flavour get multiplied when it is cooked with spices and masala powders. I cook mushroom once in a week or two and over years I am happy that I could cook around 25+ food with mushroom and sharing them here makes me more happier.
The recipes that I have posted here is all cooked with Button mushroom – though you can try other varieties like oyster /leafy type, Portobello type. 90% of the mushrooms consumed around the world is of button mushroom variety and it is easily available at the markets than the other types.
Healthy: Mushrooms are a rich source of fibre, protein, and antioxidants. Even when we eat 100gms of Mushrooms, we just add about 25 calories – hence a preferred choice of food for eating well and also staying healthy. Mushrooms are fat free, cholesterol free, gluten free and low in sodium!
Mushrooms are always a choice at restaurants but when it comes to cooking at home we get hesitant. The main reason could be the looks and the second reason is not knowing how to cook it. See How to clean and cut mushroom for getting over it and make it regularly at homes. The black hairy looks could be again the primary reason for kids and some people to keep away from it. Cut those portions out and savour Mushrooms – you will appreciate it!
My mushroom memories: Coimbatore Special Street Food Mushroom – There is a food joint which serves delicious, yummy Mushroom (Chilli Mushroom / Mushroom Veg Manchurian) near to our place. It used to be our get – together spot during college days. I still visit the place once in a while and relish it! I wish I post the street food recipe in the coming days!
Mushroom recipes – Breakfast / Dinner
Mushroom recipes – Lunch
Mushroom Side dish ideas
Mushroom Kids Special / Snack Ideas
Tried this mushroom recipes ? Do let me know how you liked it. Also tag us on Instagram @sharmispassions and hash tag it on #sharmispassions.
Mushroom recipes | 25+ Mushroom recipes
- Pallipalayam Mushroom Fry Recipe
- Restaurant style mushroom gravy recipe | Mushroom gravy recipe hotel style
- Butter garlic mushroom recipe | 15 minutes herbed butter garlic mushroom
- Mushroom sandwich recipe, Grilled mushroom sandwich recipe
- Easy mushroom masala recipe, Mushroom curry recipe
- Mushroom makhani | Mushroom butter masala
- Chettinad Mushroom Gravy Recipe / Mushroom Masala
- Veg jalfrezi | Vegetable jalfrezi recipe
- Tawa Mushroom Recipe
- Mushroom Paratha Recipe
- Chettinad Mushroom Biryani Recipe
- Matar mushroom | Mutter mushroom recipe
- Grilled Babycorn Mushroom Pizza Recipe
- Mushroom fry | Mushroom stir fry recipe
- Kids Lunch box Menu 29 – Jeera Rice, Mushroom Curry
- Mushroom soup recipe, Cream of mushroom soup
- Kadai mushroom recipe
- Mushroom pepper fry recipe
- Mushroom pasta recipe
- Mushroom fried rice
- Mushroom Manchurian Recipe
- Mushroom biryani | Kalan biryani
- Mushroom do pyaza recipe
- How to clean and cut mushroom
Tips while cooking mushrooms
• Mushroom cooks faster so just sauté for 2-3mins until colour changes do not make it too soft, it should be crunchy enough to bite.
• Mushrooms tends to leave out water while getting cooked so adding water additionally for cooking is not necessary
• Cooking mushrooms in high-temperature and for longer time may cause its water-soluble nutrients (B vitamins) to escape in the cooking water. Sautéing quickly over high heat, or simmering over low heat, are ideal cooking methods for preserving nutrients.
Beyond this collection of Mushroom recipes we can add chopped mushrooms into our regular dishes like omelettes, stir-fries, gravies, chilies, rolls / wraps, or soups as add on and make the dish more special & tasty.
Select mushrooms with firm whole caps and an even texture. They are recommended to be cooked fresh within 2 days of purchase. They could be refrigerated until use, but ideally within one week. Do not wash or clean them until just before using. Since mushrooms are about 80-90% water, mushrooms do not freeze well, becoming mushy when defrosted. However cooked mushrooms can be frozen.
1.Is Mushroom Vegetarian or Non-Vegetarian?
Mushroom does not belong to both Plant Kingdom and Animal Kingdom. Since eating anything from animal kingdom classifies as Non-Vegetarian and that mushrooms does not belong to animal kingdom, eating mushrooms does not classify under Non-Vegetarian.
2.What recipes with mushrooms can I make for breakfast?
Mushroom sandwich, Omelettes with mushrooms, Mushroom Paratha, Mushroom Pasta
3.What Mushroom recipes can I make for lunch?
Rice: Mushroom Biryani, Chettinad Mushroom Biryani, Mushroom Pulao and Mushroom Fried rice are the common rice meals we can cook with Mushroom.
4.What Mushroom recipes can I make for Dinner or as sides?
Side for Rice / Roti / Chapati / Bread : Mushroom fry, Pallipalayam Mushroom, Mushroom Pepper Fry, Butter Garlic Mushroom, Mushroom Masala, Mushroom Makhani, Tawa Mushroom, Matar Mushroom, Mushroom Fry, Kadai Mushroom, Mushroom Pepper Fry, Mushroom Manchurian, Mushroom do pyaza
5.What Mushroom recipes are Kids Special?
Mushroom Pasta, Grilled Mushroom, Mushroom Combo Pizza, Mushroom Sandwich are Kids Special Mushroom Recipes.