I often make either Mushroom Biryani or Pepper Mushroom so this kadai mushroom is my last option as its only me who loves kadai mushroom so its given the last priority but given a chance I never leave it 🙂 Looking for a simple mushroom curry then mushroom do pyaza will be the best choice.
I’ve already posted kadai mushroom masala which is a different version, recently I tried it this way after tasting at a restaurant and this version is going to be my keeper hereafter. 🙂 Veg Pulao, Dal and Kadai Mushroom Gravy and that fixed the special lunch 🙂
Kadai Mushroom Gravy Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Sidedish | Recipe Cuisine: North Indian
Cleaned Mushroom – 1 cup chopped
Capsicum – 1/2 chopped
Big Onion – 1/2 cup chopped finely + 2 tbsp cubed
Tomatoes – from 2 medium sized tomatoes
Fresh Cream – 3 tbsp
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
Kasuri methi / Dried fenugreek leaves – 1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves – 2 tsp chopped finely
Oil – 3 tsp
Salt- to taste
To roast & grind:
Red Chillies – 2
Coriander Seeds – 2 tsp
- Clean mushroom as shown in the link, slice it and keep aside.Dry roast coriander seeds and red chillies for few mins until nice aroma comes.Cool down, transfer to mixer and grind it to a slightly coarse powder,Set aside.
- Heat oil, add onions, ginger garlic paste and saute till onions turn slightly browned.Next add the spice powder and saute for a minute.
- In a mixer add tomatoes and grind to a fine paste and add it along with onions.
- Saute till raw smell leaves, then add little water and let it boil.Add garam masala powder.While it boils in another pan add little oil,toast capsicum and onion for 2mins,Set aside.Then add mushroom and saute for 2mins.
- Then add mushrooms and cook till it turns soft.Then add fresh cream and let the gravy boil
- When the gravy starts giving a nice aroma, and the consistency is semi thick add toasted onion capsicum and give a quick stir.Finally garnish with corainder leaves,kasoori methi and switch off.
- This is medium spicy with the measurement I have given. You can adjust according to your taste buds.
- Adding cream gives a creamy and rich restaurant flavour.I used homemade fresh cream.
- The consistency should be flowing and creamy.