Grilled Pizza Recipe
Recipe Category: Snack | Recipe Cuisine: World
Basic Pizza Dough
Tomato Sauce – 2 tbsp
Capsicum – 3/4 cup chopped lengthwise
Mozarella Cheese – 1/4 cup grated
Oregano – 1/2 tsp
For the marination:
Baby Corn – 1/4 cup cut lengtheise
Mushroom – 1/4 cup sliced thin
Red Chilli powder – 1 tsp
Garam Masala powder – 1/2 tsp
Pepper Powder – 1 tsp
Curd – 2 tsp
Olive oil – 1 tsp + 1 tsp
Oregano – as required
Chilli Flakes – as needed
- Chop all the veggies lengthwise and thin as shown below.The below measure of veggies is for 2 pizzas.Take baby corn,mushroom in a mixing bowl , add curd and spice powders mentioned in ‘to marinade’ table and mix well.
- Now add a tsp of olive oil, mix it and marinade till we prepare the base.Punch down the dough and seperate it into 2 small balls.
- On the baking tray, line a butter paper and roll the pizza to a slightly thick base and with your fingers form rim on the sides, just press it to give a impression.Prick it with fork.Now spread tomato sauce,sprinkle oregano.Now arrange the topping with marinated baby corn,mushrooms and capsicum.Preheat oven at 200 deg C for 10mins.
- Brush the sides with oil.Sprinkle cheese and bake it at 200 deg C for 15mins.Drizzle olive oil on the pizza then grill the pizza for just 3mins or until the top slightly changes color.Sprinkle oregano, chilli flakes cut into wedges and enjoy!!
Serve hot always!!
- You can make variations for topping like soya, paneer, corn etc.
- The dough shouldn’t be sticky…if so then ur dough is watery so add in a little more flour. The dough shouldn’t be very tight, if it is then the pizza will be hard.
- Baking time may differ microwave, may it cooks faster so keep an eye after 12mins then proceed accordingly.
- The recipe measure of 1 and 1/2 cups of flour yields 2 small pizzas as I’ve shown or 1 big pizza.As my oven is small I usually bake 2 pizzas.
- The resting time totally depends on the type of yeast you are using.
- To check if the pizza is cooked inside : If you cut a tiny area at the sides with a knife, u can see if its cooked fully by seeing the bread like texture then your pizza is done.
- You can even lay aluminium foil or butter paper on the tray and then roll the dough on it.
- I used Nilgiris piza cheese this time.
- After choosing grill mode, be very careful as it may easily burn the pizza as the temperature is 200 deg C.Else you can lower the temperature to 180 deg and grill it for 5mins.I have tried both ways so you can go ahead.
- I made the marination and just used half of it for this pizza and reserved the rest for the next pizza which I baked later.
- Grilling gives a crisp edge but the inside will be soft only.
- You can replace tomato sauce with pizza sauce . As I had no stock I went ahead with tomato sauce with some herbs and seasoning to top it.
- If you don’t add olive oil the pizza will become very dry after grilling.