I used my iron tawa, you can use any dosa tawa too. I am trying to avoid nonstick pans for the past 6months and I am happy that I could survive without it even while making halwas and sweets.The posts that are coming hereafter with nonstick pans are the older drafted posts incase if anyone is wondering 😛
Check out more mushroom recipes
Tawa Mushroom Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Sidedish | Recipe Cuisine: North Indian
Cleaned Mushroom – 1 cup chopped
Capsicum – 1/3 cup chopped
Big Onion – 1/4 cup chopped finely
Tomato – 1 medium sized
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
Roasted Jeera Powder – 1/4 tsp
Freshly cracked pepper – 1/4 tsp
Garam masala powder – 1/4 tsp
Kasuri methi / Dried fenugreek leaves – 1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves – 2 tsp chopped finely
Oil – 1 tsp
Salt- to taste
Oil – 2 tsp
Jeera – 1 tsp
- You need a tawa.I used my iron tawa which I use for rotis and parathas.Heat the tawa with oil, crackle jeera, then add ginger garlic paste along with onions.Fry for 2mins.
- When onion gets fried, puree a tomato in a mixer and add it.Mix well then add red chilli,coriander,jeera and garam masala powder and cook till raw smell of tomatoes go.
- Add required salt.Keep cooking till becomes thick.Then add mushrooms.
- Cook for around 3-5mins till mushrooms absorb the masalas and get cooked fully but should retain its crunch.
- Finally add capsicum, toss around and cook for 2mins.Add 1 tsp of oil if it sticks to the tawa.Add freshly cracked pepper,kasoori methi and chopped coriander leaves, give a quick mix and switch off.
- The spice powders can be adjusted as per your liking.
- It is a dry curry,if you want to make it more like gravy add more tomatoes.