Before you ask me, let me tell you thats the new steel pan I got from Chennai 🙂
Mushroom Pepper Fry Recipe
Recipe Category: Starter | Recipe Cuisine: World
Cleaned Mushroom – 1 cup chopped
Whole Pepper – 1 tbsp
Capsicum – 1/2 cut lengthwise
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
Big Onion – 1 cut lengthwise
Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala powder – 1/4 tsp
Coriander Leaves – 2 tsp finely chopped
Salt – to taste
Oil – 1 tbsp
Fennel Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Curry Leaves – a small sprig
Red Chilli – 1 whole
- Dry roast whole pepper for 2-3mins or till nice aroma comes.Powder it coarsely,Set aside.Heat oil in a pan – add the items listed under ‘to temper’ let it splutter.
- Then add onion,ginger garlic paste and saute till golden brown.Add capsicum and saute for few mins until it shrinks a bit.
- Add mushrooms and saute well.It will start leaving water , then add pepper powder,coriander,red chilli and garam masala powders and mix well.Cook in low medium flame for 5-7mins till mushrooms turn soft and the masalas come together.Add required salt, give a quick mix garnish with coriander leaves and switch off.
Serve hot with phulka / chapathi.
- Adding capsicum is purely optional.
- You can even add fennel powder if you dont like to add whole fennel seeds.
- This is spicy fry so adjust spice powders if you want to reduce hotness.
- Adding freshly ground pepper powder gives a great flavour.
- This pairs well with phulka / white pulaos / or even with plain rice.
- Mushrooms cook faster so dont overcook.No need to add water just saute in oil.Mushrooms will leave out water and thats enough for it to get cooked.
- If you want more gravy then add tomato puree after onion is fried.