Mushroom Masala Recipe – An easy and tasty gravy that goes well with both rice and rotis.I love such gravies to go with rotis or soft phulkas.Chettinad gravies are about the freshly roast and grind paste along with kalpasi a chettinad spice which lends a great flavour.THis mushroom masala recipe is on my drafts since a year so thought to post it now atleast.
Mushroom Masala Recipe
Recipe Category: Sidedish | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Mushroom – 1 cup
Big Onion – 1 small sized finely chopped
Tomato – 2 medium sized roughly chopped
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Garam Masala powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander Leaves – 2 tsp for garnish
Water – as required
Salt – to taste
To roast and grind to a paste:
Coconut – 1 heaped tbsp
Coriander Seeds – 1/2 tbsp
Fennel Seeds – 1 tsp
Pepper Corns – 1/2 tsp
Red Chillies – 2
Cinnamon -1/4 inch piece
Cloves – 1
Oil – 2 tsp
Kalpasi – 1/4 tsp
Garlic – 1 tbsp finely chopped
Curry Leaves – few
- Take all(except coconut)the ingredients listed under ‘to roast and grind’ in a pan roast for few mins until slightly golden then add coconut.
- Fry till golden brown.Transfer this to a mixer jar,add little water and grind it to a fine paste.Set aside.
- Heat oil add kalpasi,curry leaves,garlic and saute for few mins.Then add onion and saute till transparent then add tomatoes.
- Saute till mushy,let the raw smell leave.Now add the masala paste.
- Cook for few mins then add required salt.Cook in low flame until it comes like a thick mass.
- Take clean mushroom, add red chilli powder,garam masala powder mix well and add it.Mix well.Cook for few mins,it will leave out water.
- Now add little more water and cook till it becomes like a sauce
Serve with rice / roti.
- It is medium spicy, if you prefer you can reduce it as per your preference.
- The consistency is purely your choice.Add less water and make it a dry curry too