Small Potato Fry Recipe
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Small Potato – 15
Oil – 2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
Jeera Powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt – to taste
Oil – 1 tsp
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Curry Leaves – few
- Rinse baby potatoes well to get rid of dirt.Pressure cook for 4-5 whistles.Once pressure releases, peel off the skin and cut into halves only the pieces which you feel is too big.Carefully prick each potato with a toothpick, just few holes is enough.Set aside.In a mixing bowl, add all the spice powders along with salt and oil.
- Mix well.Now add the potatoes and give a quick mix.Let it to marinade for 15mins atleast.
- In a kadai – heat oil add mustard seeds and curry leaves,let it splutter.Then add the potatoes and saute for atleast 5-10mins in low flame till its fried well.If it sticks add little oil and keep sauteing.
Serve with rice / phulka!
- The number of whistles in cooker depends on the size of small potatoes and also ur cooker so adjust accordingly.
- I used my iron kadai to roast the potatoes and it worked best.
- You can even add a pinch of chat masala powder / jeera powder for extra zing.