Though I am not fond of mangoes and most of mango dishes I tried was relished by amma,this mango sorbet was one among my favs in my tries this year
Mango Sorbet Recipe
Recipe Category: Dessert | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Mangoes pulp – 1 cup(I used 3 small mangoes)
Sugar – 1/4 cup heaped
Water – 1/4 cup
Lemon Juice – 1/2 tbsp
- Take sugar in a pan, add water to it and heat it up.Boil until sugar dissolves completely.Then switch off and set aside to cool.
- Take mango flesh in a blender and puree it.Measure and keep aside.
- To the cooled sugar syrup add mango puree and lemon juice.
- Whisk it well.Now transfer this to a freezer safe box.
- After an hour or 2,using a fork break the crystals formed.Do this every 2 hrs.Or you can take this in a mixer jar and run it once.
- Then again freeze the mixture.Repeat this for 4 times atleast.I did with fork for 2 times and blended for 2 times.The more you blend the creamier and softer the sorbet.
- This is the last time and see how creamy it is.Transfer to a freezer safe box and freeze for atleast 6-8 hrs.I kept it overnight.
Scoop and serve immediately.
- My mangoes were very sweet so added just 1/4 cup sugar, you can increase if you want.
- Using fork to break the crystals helps but I recommend blending atleast 2 to 3times for a smoother texture.
- Lemon juice adds a tanginess which I loved the most, but should be used to bring texture too,so do not skip it.
- I used Grape variety of mango which has a deep yellow color and was less in fibre.
- The more times you blend the more creamier the texture will be.
- I freezed it overnight, it will be hard when taken out.Leave in room temperature for 2mins then scoop and serve.