Baby Corn 65 is a crispy snack or starter that you can try for parties or get together or just for a special family meal. Baby Corn 65 is also called as baby corn fry. Baby Corn Fry is so addictive lets get on to learn it with step by step pictures and video.
Baby Corn 65 is a quick easy and tasty starter or snack. I make baby corn 65 every now and the.But this time I just wanted to make it the restaurant style so here is the deep fried version.I am sure kids will love baby corn, check out other baby corn recipes.
About Baby Corn 65
Baby Corn 65 is a crispy fried starter or snack. Baby corn pieces are coated with a batter which includes flour,spices then deep fried until crisp. It is served with fried curry leaves, raw onion rings and lemon wedges.
Baby Corn 65 is quick and easy to make perfect for parties and get together. This does not need any preparations so ideal to make at the last minute too. You can make a complete meal along with jeera rice, a curry and Baby Corn 65 for starter.
This baby corn recipe comes out perfect though I have used wheat flour replacing maida, hence healthy too.
Baby Corn 65 Ingredients
- Baby corn : Choose tender juicy baby corns for making baby corn 65. Do not use the ones that is big and fibrous.
- Flour : You can use either wheat flour or maida as per your preference. Along with it use rice flour and corn flour.
- Spices : This is medium spicy making it perfect for kids and elders too. Adjust spice powders measure according to your preference.
- Others : Curd, ginger garlic paste, lemon juice are also added for the batter.
Is baby corn fry and baby corn 65 same?
Baby corn fry and baby 65 are almost the same in taste but the ingredients slightly vary. If you opt to deep fry baby corn then even the texture is almost the same as Baby Corn 65. Here I have shown a variation to deep fry so have tawa fried baby corn.
Tried this Baby Corn 65 Recipe ? Do let me know how you liked it. Also tag us on Instagram @sharmispassions and hash tag it on #sharmispassions.
📖 Recipe Card
Baby Corn 65 | Baby Corn Fry
- 8 nos baby corn
- 1/4 teaspoon chat masala powder
- oil to deep fry
- Trim the edges and slice the baby corn as shown. Chop them into small pieces. Mine was fat so slit them again vertically to have thin strips.
- In a mixing bowl add the ingredients listed under ‘to be made into a batter’. I used Kasmiri red chilli powder to get a bright red color.
- Sprinkle little water, Mix well to make a slightly thick flowing paste. Add lemon juice. Now add the cut baby corn pieces.
- Coat it well on all sides. Heat oil in a kadai and deep fry them until golden.
- Look at the color, this is the right stage to remove. Drain in tissue paper.
- Sprinkle chat masala powder. Fry curry leaves and add to it. Toss it well.
- Serve Baby Corn 65 hot!
How to make Baby Corn 65
- 1.Trim the edges and slit vertically as shown below.
2.Chop them into small pieces as shown below.
3.In a mixing bowl add the ingredients listed under ‘to be made into a batter’.I used Kasmiri red chilli powder to get a bright red color.
4.Whisk this well first for even mixing.
5.Add water little by little.
6.Mix well to make a slightly thick flowing paste.Add lemon juice.
7.Rinse baby corn and drain water completely.
8.Now add the cut baby corn pieces few at a time.
9.Use afork Coat it well on all sides.
10.Heat oil – add few at a time to deep fry.
11. Do not disturb for few seconds.
12.Then flip over and deep fry them until golden.
13.This is the right stage to remove – crisp and golden brown.Repeat to finish and drain in tissue paper.
14.Switch off and finally add curry leaves and add it fried baby corn.
15.Crispy baby corn 65 ready.
Baby Corn Fry (without deep frying)
- 1 nos baby corn
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 2 and 1/2 tablespoon rice flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cooking soda(optional)
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoon curd
- Water as required
- Salt to taste
- Oil to toast
- Chat masala powder just to sprinkle
- Trim both the edges of baby corn then pressure cook baby corn with immersing level water for 2 whistles in medium flame. If you prefer to deep fry then no need to cook baby corn. Cut them into 2 inch pieces then cut it vertically like I have done.(Else you can even cut them into small circles).
- In a mixing bowl add rice flour, corn flour, curd, garam masala, red chilli powder, ginger garlic paste,salt,soda and mix well.Sprinkle little water(if required) to form a slightly running paste. Add cooked baby corn and marinate for 30mins. Set aside.
- In a dosa pan, add oil and add the marinated baby corn pieces and roast it till golden brown. You can also deep fry them in oil if you want. Drain in tissue and sprinkle chat masala powder.
Serve hot with raw onions and tomato sauce.
- If you prefer toasting in tawa, then pressure cook baby corn for a whistle and then proceed.
- Don’t make the batter too thick, we just need to coat baby corn.
- If you make it very thin then it will not coat and also drink more oil while deep frying.
- Make sure the batter consistency is just right.
- If you want you can add food color, I skipped it for health reasons and used kashmiri red chili powder which gave the exact look as in restaurants.
1.What is baby corn 65?
Baby corn 65 is a crispy deep fried snack or starter or appetizer. The bright red color gives it a bright looks making it very attractive especially to kids.
2.How to make baby corn 65?
Baby corn pieces are first coated with a batter which includes flour,spices then deep fried until crisp. It is served with fried curry leaves, raw onion rings and lemon wedges.
3.Can I tawa fry instead of deep frying?
Yes you can tawa fry the baby corn but in that case pressure cook for baby corn then proceed with the steps as shown in method 2. You can also parboil or steam cook baby corn then tawa fry it after coating with batter.
4.What is the substitute for maida?
You can replace it with wheat flour, yes it works as I have tried it many times and no difference in taste and texture.
5.How to get the exact restaurant taste?
The taste and texture comes from the batter measures and I can ssure if you follow the exact recipe you will get the restaurant taste.
6.I don’t want to use food color how can I make it look like in restaurants?
For the color, you can use kashmiri red chili powder which gives the baby corn fry a bright red color as in restaurants.