Last Updated on December 7, 2020
Lactating moms should eat nutritious food so that the milk is sufficient for the baby and also to compensate the sharing nutrients to your baby.
The porridge by itself is tasty but if you wish you can pair it up thogayal or sambar,
Check other baby food recipes
Rice Dal Khichdi Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Post Pregnancy | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Rice – 1/2 cup
Water – 2 cups
Milk – 1/2 cup + 1/2 cup
First Coconut Milk – 1/4 cup
Garlic – 10 cloves
Fenugreek seeds – 1/4 tsp
Jeera – 1/2 tsp
Salt – to taste
- Rinse rice well,Add it to pressure cooker.Add garlic,fenugreek seeds.
- Then add required salt.Add water and milk.
- Add jeera.Pressure cook in medium flame for 6-8 whistles.Let the pressure release by itself.Once pressure releases open,.
- Mash it up well with a laddle.You can see a closer look at how rice is mashed up.Add remaining 1/2 cup milk.
- Mix well.Add coconut milk.Add more milk if required to make it to porridge consistency.
Serve hot / warm.
- Add more water if required.The given ratio is 1(rice):4(water+milk) cups.
- It gets thick with time so switch off accordingly.