Last Updated on December 7, 2020
Though I love all the gifts from friends and relatives, props as gifts gives me a very special feeling.She also gifted me a serving plate last birthday but am yet to use it in the pics….I am waiting for a good opportunity to open it out 🙂 Thank you so much Priya for the wonderful gifts!!
Bread Egg Upma Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Breakfast | Recipe Cuisine: World
Bread – 3 slices
Eggs – 1(I used country eggs)
Big Onion – 1 medium sized chopped finely
Pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt – to taste
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Urad Dal – 1/2 tsp
Jeera – 1/4 tsp
Green chilli – 1 slitted
Hing – a tiny pinch
Curry Leaves – few
- Chop the bread slices into small squares,Set aside.Heat oil in a pan – add the items listed under ‘to temper’ let it crackle then add onion and saute till it turns transparent.
- Then add egg and scramble it.Once it becomes nicely scrambled, add salt and pepper powder.
- Mix well then add bread and give a quick mix and toast for 2mins.Cook covered for a minute and switch off.
- Make sure to cook covered for a minute atleast so that bread absorbs the flavour and becomes soft.
- You can even add any veggie along with eggs, like carrot, greens, cabbage etc.
- Pepper is must for this stir fry..
- I am buying country eggs these days so used that.You can use normal white egss too.
- Adding more onions gives a nice crunch and flavour.
- If you are planning to make for kids you can skip green chillies and replace it with little more pepper powder.
- Add a pinch of garam masala and coriander powders for making masala egg upma.
- After egg is added, keep stirring and fluffing.
- After bread is added make sure to toast it well along with eggs.