Last Updated on December 7, 2020
Eggless French Toast (Sweet Version) – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Breakfast | Recipe Cuisine: World
Bread – 3 slices (You can also use white/wheat bread)
Milk – 1/4 cup
Custard Powder – 1/2 to 1 tbsp (You can alternatively use cornflour too)
Vanilla essence – a drop (if using cornflour)
Sugar – 1 tsp
Ghee / Butter – As required to toast
- Boil milk, switch off. Now combine the warm milk with custard powder, sugar in a wide bowl. Stir well till cornflour and sugar is dissolved fully.
- Heat a dosa tawa, Add ghee or oil. Dip the bread slices on both the sides in the milk , place the bread slices on the pan. Allow it to get toasted well now turn it to other side and cook on other side. If its sticky add a little more ghee.
Serve with topping of your choice or can be served as such. I like the toasts warm with honey Serve hot/warm! You can also sprinkle little cinnamon powder as topping when its still warm and enjoy your toasts!
- If you dont have custard powder then add cornflour and vanilla essence which will give the same flavour.
- While dipping the bread dont leave it for more time , just a fraction of second for each side of the bread else the bread slices would become mushy and stick to the pan.
- Preferably use a nonstick dosa tawa so that it doesnt stick.