Last Updated on December 7, 2020
Easy French Toast Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine: World
Bread – 4 slices (I used milk)
Eggs – 2(at room temperature)
Milk – 1/8 cup
Sugar – 1 tsp
Honey – 1 tsp
Vanilla Essence – 1/8 tsp
Cinnamon powder – a tiny pinch(optional)
Ghee / Butter – As required to toast
- Beat both the eggs until frothy,pale and fluffy.I used my whipper blade which came with my chopper to do this.Add milk and whisk it well.
- Add sugar, honey and vanilla essence.
- Whisk it once again until slightly frothy.Dip each slice of bread in the bread egg mixture coating on both sides.Heat dosa tawa,drizzle ghee add the bread slices and toast it till both sides turn golden brown.
Serve hot with honey and any fruits of your choice!
- Adjust sugar according to your taste.I used milk bread so added 1 tsp sugar and 1 tsp honey which was perfect.
- You can replace white sugar with demerara sugar too.
- Use nonstick pan for toasting which avoids sticking.
- While dipping the bread slices, just dip it well so that its coated well on both sides.
- You can serve it with maple syrup, dates syrup or a dash of honey o just have it plain too.
- I usually dont add vanilla essence as I love the plain egg flavour but its your preference.
- There are a lot of variations you can give to this simple bread toast – add orange zest, lemon zest for a different flavour.
- You can make this as savory version by replacing sugar,honey with salt and pepper powder.