Tutti Frutti Cupcakes Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine: World | Recipe Reference: VegRecipes
Maida – 3/4 cup
Baking Powder – 1/2 tsp
Tutti Frutti – 1/4 cup
Salt – a tiny pinch
Sugar – 1/3 cup
Oil – 1/8 cup + 1 tbsp
Vanilla Essense – 1/2 tsp
Water – 1/4 cup
Thick Curd – 1/4 cup
Vinegar – 1/2 tbsp
Baking Soda – 1/4 tsp
- Take sugar, oil, vanilla essence and water(Mix 2) in a mixing bowl and whisk it well till sugar dissolves completely.Toss tutti frutti with a tsp of maida and set aside.
- Sieve maida,baking powder and salt twice atleast and take it in a bowl.Reserve a tbsp of tutti frutti and add the rest to it(Mix1) and mix well.
- Take curd in a bowl add baking soda and vinegar to it you will see it foaming up, whisk it well.Now add mix 1 and mix 3 to mix 2 and whisk it well.Preheat oven at 180 deg C.
- Line cupcake liners in a baking tray / muffin pan.Scoop out the batter and fill the cupcake liner upto 3/4th.Then add reserved tutti frutti on top.Bake it at 180 deg C ofor 20-25 mins until a tooth pick inserted in the center of the cupcakes comes out clean , you can also see the golden top.
Cool down and store in airtight container.
- My cupcake liners were too small for my muffin pan so I lined them in my tart moulds.
- The batter is not advisable to rest, just mix and bake it immediately.So plan it accordingly such that you bake the entire batter in a single batch.
- You can add any chopped nuts of your choice.
- You can try the same recipe as cake.
- I halved the recipe and got 12 small cupcakes.
- I used homemade yogurt.
- Use active baking soda which shows by foaming up immediately when you add it to curd.