Mango season is around the corner and sun is shining bright so am making use of this summer with vathal recipes, as a first timer am enjoying the process..:)
Maa Vathal Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Sidedish | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Raw Mango – 3
Rock Salt – 1.5 tsp
- Wash raw mangoes well.Slice them into slightly big pieces as shown below.
- Transfer the raw mango pieces to a container, add rock salt and mix well.Toss it well for the salt to coat evenly.Close the container with a lid and Let it rest for 2 hrs.Then spread it in a tray/ a clean cloth and sundry it.
- Let it sundry till it becomes bone dry.Once dried completely store in a clean container.
- I used one slightly ripe mango and other 2 were raw mangoes.Slightly ripe mangoes gives both tangy and sweet taste , I love it that way 🙂
- It may take atleast 2-3 days to bone dry like this…depends on the amount of sunlight you receive.For me it took almost 5 days to dry completely.
- You can even add 1/2 tsp turmeric powder along with rock salt.
- It keeps well atleast for a year without refrigeration.
- There should be no moisture at all when you store in a container and it should be bone dry else it may not last longer, will get spoiled easily.