Sprouts Fried Rice Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine: Chinese
Basmati rice – 1 cup
Green gram Sprouts – 1/2 cup
Cabbage – 1/4 cup tightly packed
Spring onions (white part) – 2 tsp finely chopped
Spring onions (green part) – 1 tbsp finely chopped
Garlic – 1/2 tbsp finely chopped
Capsicum – 2 tbsp chopped finely lengthwise
Soya Sauce – 1/4 tsp(optional)
Pepper powder – 1 tsp
Olive Oil / Cooking Oil – 2 tbsp
Salt – to taste
To grind to a paste(For Green Chilli Paste):
Green Chillies – 2 small
Ginger – 1/4 inch piece
- Get your sprouts ready.Cook with little water till sprouts turns slightly soft,reserve cooked water,Set aside.Soak basmati rice for 15mins then pressure cook for 3 whistles in medium flame in the ratio 1(rice):1.5(water) cups.Spread it in a plate and fluff it up with a fork add a tsp of oil and let it cool down.
- Grind green chillies along with ginger to a coarse paste.In a pan heat oil – add garlic,green chilli paste and sring onion white part saute for a minute till it turns golden brown.
- Then add cabbage and capsicum, fry till the veggies shrink and raw smell leaves.Then add pepper powder soya sauce and stir well in medium high flame.Then add cooked sprouts along with reserved water and keep sauteing for 3mins in high flame till all the moisture is gone.
- Then add spring onions green part and mix well.Add required salt, then cooked rice and mix well.Garnish with remaining spring onions.Switch it off.
Serve hot with your choice of side dish or any manchurian.
- I reduced all the veggies as I wanted the sprouts flavour more.But don’t skip spring onions as it gives a good amount of chinese flavour to the fried rice.
- You can add 2 tbsp onion while sauteing the veggies.
- I used little water only to cook sprouts and used the remaining water while adding sprouts.
- Use freshly ground pepper for a great flavour.
- Dont overcook sprouts, it should be crunchy enough to bite.
- Sauteing the veggies in high flame gives a nice smoky flavour and also retains its crunchiness without the raw smell.
- I soaked basmati rice for 15 mins then pressure cooked for 1:1.5 ratio(rice:water) for 3 whistles in medium low flame.
- I dont use ajino motto, but if you prefer you can add a pinch of it at the final stage.
- Make sure to fluff the rice and spread it with little olive oil to make the grains separate.Allow it to rest atleast for 30mins.