This chicken pasta is just my attempt to create a replica of topramen curry noodles….I have tasted it quite a few times so thought I should try this recipe with chicken. Though I couldn’t match the taste exactly, it was good in its own way….it was spicy with a burst of flavours…yumm breakfast!
Chicken Masala Curry Recipe
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Pasta – 1/2 cup (I used macroni pasta variety)
Chicken – 100 gms(1 – 12 bite sized pieces)
Red Chilli powder – 1/4 tsp
Garam Masala powder – 1/4 tsp
Coriander Leaves – 2 tsp finely chopped
Salt – to taste
To roast & grind:
Oil – 1 tsp
Coriander Seeds – 1/2 tbsp
Pepper – 1/2 tsp
Red Chillies – 2
Garlic – 3 cloves
Tomato – 1 roughly chopped
Coconut – 2 tbsp
Oil – 1/2 tbsp
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves – few
- Boil water, add pasta along with 1/2 tsp oil, cook until pasta becomes soft yet crunchy enough to bite.Drain water and set the pasta aside.Heat a pan with oil roast the ingredients listed under ‘ to roast and grind’
- Add coconut and tomato after the spices are roasted well, roast the mixture till golden brown and wait till raw smell of tomatoes leave…Switch and cool down.Then transfer it to a mixer.
- Grind it to a fine paste with little water.Heat oil in a pan – add items listed under ‘to temper’ let it splutter.Then add chicken pieces and saute till color changes, then add the masala paste along with red chilli and garam masala powders along with required salt.Saute the masalas for 3mins.
- Then add 1/3 cup of water and cook covered till the chicken pieces becomes soft.Then let it boil till the sauce becomes slightly thick.
- Now add cooked pasta and toss it well…If it becomes very dry then sprinkle little water and then mix well for the sauce to coat well with the pasta.Garnish with coriander leaves and switch off.
- If you want add 1 big onion chopped finely and saute after tempering.
- This is little spicy so adjust spice level according to your taste buds.
- Don’t make the sauce too thick then it will be very dry and will not coat the pasta.The pasta with the masalas should be juicy and not dry.
- Cut chicken into small bite sized pieces so that it gets cooked faster and also the masalas easily blend with it.
- Cooking chicken along with the masalas gives a nice flavour and juiciness to the chicken and chicken flavour to the pasta.
- If you are cooking chicken separately then use chicken stock to cook pasta.
- I used macroni pasta variety, you can choose your favourite.