Homemade Pasta Sauce Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Sauce | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Tomatoes – 3 medium sized
Onion – 1 small
Garlic – 4
Oregano – 1/4 tsp
Black Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
Chilli flakes – 1/2 tsp
Tomato Sauce – 2 tsp
Sugar – 1 tsp(optional)
Oilve Oil – 1 tbsp
Salt – to taste
- Boil enough water and add the tomatoes. Let it get cooked for 2-3 mins till you see the outer skin peeling off. Switch off, cool down and peel of the skin, trim the edges and puree it to a fine paste(no water to be added).Keep aside.
- Heat oil, add onion,garlic and fry till nicely browned.Then add the tomato puree.Allow it to boil for 3mins.
- Then add 1/2 cup water and allow it to boil for atleast 2mins. Add oregano, black pepper powder,chilli flakes, tomato sauce,salt and sugar. Give a quick stir and allow it reach a sauce consistency.Your pasta sauce is ready.
Cool down and store in a clean airtight container.
- You can even add red / green bell pepper – just puree it and add it along with the tomato puree.
- It keeps well for 3-4 days when refrigerated, depends on your climatic conditions too.
- The above measure can be used for 1 servings for 1.5 cups of pasta for each serving.
- Adding sugar is purely optional.
- I loved the chunkiness in the sauce so did not add anything more to my pasta separately.
- Just toss the cooked pasta, add greated cheese and enjoy your pasta anytime!