I have got amul fresh cream tetra packs twice for making strawberry and mango cheese cakes as homemade cream is not suitable and advisable for desserts like these and yes that’s a word of caution I tell in advance 🙂
Fresh Cream Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Homemade | Recipe Cuisine: World
- Heat milk and boil for sometime say 3-5mins(depends on what type of milk you get).After the milk is boiled, let is sit aside for 30mins or few hours in the fridge so that thick malai gets collected at the top. Carefully take the malai with a spoon and collect it in a clean container else you can use a strainer to take the malai. I usually collect the malai whenever I boil milk so twice a day. The malai quantity depends on the type of milk you get.
- Keep collecting the malai in the same container and refrigerate it. Keep refrigerated and let it sit for atleast 1 day for your instant cream say if you need just few tbsps.Just whisk it well and Your cream is ready to use. But if you want it in bulk then keep collecting for atleast 10-15 days or till you think you have a fair amount of malai collected.
- After the container is full you can either make butter out of it else use it as cream as such. Just whisk it well using a hand whisk for few mins until its creamy without any lumps.You can also use a electric whisk to beat it.Your cream is ready for use.
So remember to collect your malai everytime you boil milk to make your batch of homemade fresh cream ok?! 🙂
- This cream suits well for almost all savoury gravies/dishes which calls for fresh cream. Most of the gravies I posted here uses homemade fresh cream only.
- Homemade freshcream is not suitable for any sweets/desserts like cheese cake etc. As it has a sour taste, it will not be suitable for desserts/sweets.
- While using for savoury gravies the sourness doesnt get noticed and is perfect to give a restaurant taste.