Veg / Vegetable Fried Rice - After watching a tv show, and after many plus and minus now I can confidently say I have got my kind of chinese veg fried rice apt like in restaurants. You want a indian version then skip the sauces, with just the veggies it is flavourful too.The best combo for fried rice is gobi manchurian, yumm!
1.Rinse rice and pressure cook it with required water till rice grain is separated...Fluff it off with a fork add some olive oil, keep aside.Chop and keep all the veggies ready.Heat olive oil in a pan, add garlic and spring onions white part,fry till its starts browning.
2.Then add onions and fry till golden brown then add carrots, beans and cabbage and saute till they shrink and raw smell leaves. Add capsicum saute with the veggies for 2mins.
4.Then add the cooked rice and mix well.Finally garnish with spring onions, give a quick stir and switch off.
Let the rice fry for another 3-4 mins . Garnish with spring onions(optional) and switch off.
- Dont skip spring onions as gives a good amount of chinese flavour to the fried rice.
- Chopping the veggies very fine helps in cooking faster. Sauteing the veggies in high flame gives a nice smoky flavour and also retains its crunchiness without the raw smell.
- I soaked the basmati rice for 15 mins then pressure cooked for 1:1.5 ratio(rice:water) for 4 whistles in medium low flame.
- Make sure to fluff the rice and spread it with little olive oil to make the grains separate.Allow it to rest atleast for 30mins.
- Don't add more soya sauce than mentioned amount else your fried rice color will be on the darker side also soya sauce will be over powerful.