I have already posted kadalai mittai with jaggery syrup but this recipe is very simple and easy with no consistency checks.Just powder peanuts along with jaggery and shape them into balls, the only tedious task here is to remove the skin of peanuts.I have given a easy way to remove the skin .
Peanut Ladoo Recipe
Recipe Category: Snack | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Raw Peanuts – 1 cup
Powdered Jaggery – 3/4 cup
Cardamom powder – a generous pinch
Ghee – 2 tsp
- Measure 1 cup of raw peanuts, dry roast till nicely browned and the outer skin start to come out.
- Rub the peanuts with your hands and blow away the skin this is the easy way to remove the skin.Now take peanuts in a mixer and give a quick grind as fine as possible.It will be slightly coarse only.
- Now scrap the sides, add jaggery and then grind it again.
- Transfer this to a bowl, add cardamom powder and ghee.Mix well and break the lumps formed.
- Shape them into small balls.No need to grease all, as the oil in peanuts is just enough to hold together.
Serve as a snack.
- Ghee is added just for flavour.Even without ghee the ladoos hold together with oil in peanuts.
- Sweetness is just perfect but if you want more then add 1 cup of jaggery.
- If it hardens in the end for the last few balls then heat up the mixture for a minute, jaggery will melt ten you can make balls.
- If you want crunchy texture in your ladoo then grind it even more coarse.