Rava Appam Recipe
Recipe Category: Snack | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Fine Rava – 1/2 cup
Wheat Flour – 1/4 cup
Maida – 1/4 cup
Sugar – 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp
Coconut – 2 tbsp grated
Cardamom powder – 1/4 tsp
Cooking soda – 1/8 tsp
Salt – a tiny pinch
Water – as needed
Oil – to deep fry
- Take rava in a mixing bowl, add water till immersing level, water should not float.Set aside for an hr.
- After an hr add wheat flour and maida, then sugar to rava mixture.
- Add water to it and mix well to form a thickish batter, more like idli batter consistency.
- Add coconut, cardamom powder, baking soda and salt , mix well.Heat oil – spoon the batter and add it to the kadai.Use a deep curved laddle / spoon to get round shaped appams.
- Do not crowd , it will puff up well.Cook on both sides till golden brown.Drain in tissue paper.
Serve hot / warm!
- I made small appams to fit in my kadai.
- Adding wheat flour is optional.You can add maida instead.
- After adding baking soda,do not let it rest.Make the appams at once.
- If you want to cut down oil,then make it in paniyaram pan.